Trips and Events
We highly value the learning that can take place beyond the classroom. Throughout the year our children take part in a range of practical and role play activities within and beyond the school grounds; from those that take place in school supported by special visitors, to day visits to places of educational vaoue and residential stays to enhance learning experiences and outcomes.
Recently these have included
- History visit to Butser Ancient Farm
- Hampshire Fire and Rescue Service Safety Day
- Whole School Creative Days – Around the Commonwealth
- Science trip to Marwell Zoo
- Geographical river study at Dapdune Wharf
- Locality investigation linked to Geography and History areas of study
- Apps for Good
- Workshop at Winchester Military Museum
- Variety of challenges in partnership with other schools
- Mill Rythe Activity Centre for Year 6
- Ufton Court for a History themed visit for Year 4
In addition to these off-site experiences, all year groups participate in themed creative days linked to their termly topics.